Tomorrow is the big race day for the Dragon boats, and the teams in Discovery Bay have been practising many Sundays in the Nim Shue Wan Bay next to our apartment block.
The dragon boat races are held on Wednesday 12th June 2013, which is called Tuen Ng day and there will be several races taking place.
My friend Monica will take part in the famous Stanley International Dragon Boat race, which is the largest of all races, while I’ll be watching the local race here in Discovery Bay. Details of events taking place on 12th June are as follows:
- ABERDEEN from 9.30am at the Aberdeen Promenade
- CHEUNG CHAU from 10am to 4.30pm at the Cheung Chau Typhoon Shelter
- DISCOVERY BAY from 8am to 6pm at the Tai Pak Beach with carnival at the plaza
- SAI KUNG from 8am to 1.30pm (and carnival 2pm to 5pm) at the Sai Kung Town Waterfront
- SHA TIN from 8am to 12.30pm at the Shing Mun River
- STANLEY from 8am to 6pm at the Stanley Main Beach. This will attract about 30,000 spectators so get there early!
- TAI O from 10am to 2pm at the Tai O Promenade
- TAI PO from 8.30am to 1pm at the Tai Po Waterfront Park Promenade
- TUEN MUN from 8am to 12.30pm at the Castle Peak Bay Typhoon Shelter
I’ll try and post some pictures from the 2013 races tomorrow or on Thursday.