On our way back from Taipei to Hong Kong we had booked the flight that was at the best time for us – but what we did not know was that Eva Air operates a few ‘Hello Kitty’ branded flights.
We’re not talking just about a few cute cats adorning the uniforms of the stewardesses, no we’re talking big – a whole air plane kitted out with Hello Kitty on the outside and a whole flight experience to match this.
From the check-in area with self-service kiosks to the safety guidelines, everything is in pink and featurs the distinctive red tie and the black cat whiskers.
The whole crew switches into pink aprons when serving (normally they would use green Eva Air ones), the menu has some distinct Hello Kitty features and even the flight sickness bags are specially designed.
It was insane and over the top, but also quite funny, given I’m not into ‘Hello Kitty’ design but always joke about the sheer abundance of it with my European friends.
If you fancy booking one of those flights (which cost the same as the normal Eva Air flights), Eva Air flies from Taipei to Shanghai, Tokyo, Fukuoka, Sapporo, Seoul, Guam and Hong Kong with those specially designed planes. You can find out more on the Hello Kitty Eva Air website:
- Hello Kitty Happy Music Time flies Taipei-Sapporo (BR115/116) and Taipei-Guam (BR19/20)
- Hello Kitty Speed Puff flies Taipei-Hong Kong (BR857/858)
- Hello Kitty Magic Stars flies Taipei-Shanghai (BR771/772); Taipei-Tokyo (BR2189/2197)
- Hello Kitty Around the World flies Taipei-Shanghai (BR771/772); Taipei-Tokyo (BR2189/2197)
- Hello Kitty Loves Apple flies Taipei-Fukuoka (BR2106/2105) and Taipei-Seoul (BR160/159)