The Tuen Ng Festival falls on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month – which is June 2 this year, a public holiday. Some celebrations will already start early, for instance the Dragon Boat Festival will be celebrated on Sunday June 1 in Discovery Bay and also in Tai O.
But most of the other celebrations will happen on Monday June 2:
- ABERDEEN from 8.30am at the Aberdeen Promenade
- CHEUNG CHAU from 10am to 4.30pm at the Cheung Chau Typhoon Shelter
- DISCOVERY BAY from 8am to 6pm at the Tai Pak Beach with carnival at the plaza
- SAI KUNG from 8am to 2pm (and carnival 2pm to 5pm) at the Sai Kung Town Waterfront
- SHA TIN from 8.30am to 1.00pm at the Shing Mun River
- STANLEY from 8am to 5pm at the Stanley Main Beach. This will attract about 30,000 spectators so get there early!
- TAI PO from 8.30am to 1pm at the Tai Po Waterfront Park Promenade
- TUEN MUN from 9am to 1pm at the Castle Peak Bay Typhoon Shelter